Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Analog 110


Cameras have come a long way in the last few years. You can take a photo, view it and then decide to save or delete all within a few seconds. That's why it can be kind of nice to return to the thrilling days of yesteryear every once in awhile.
Shown above are some thumbnails of some 110 camera photos. Most of them were taken with toy cameras found in dollar stores or happy meals. No digital view finders, no batteries, no memory cards, but no idea if the photos will come out or not. I'll drop my film off and wait for it to return from the photo lab where they use actual chemicals and dark rooms. A few days later I'll return, pick up my envelope of photos that at first notice seems to weigh a lot less than it should. Where are the 24 photos I was eagerly waiting for? If I'm lucky I'll get half of them. Maybe the rest were ruined when the cheap camera messed up and let too much light in. I guess that makes the one that did come out all that much better. And It's always a nice surprise to see how they actually did come out. Random flashes of light and color, overexposures and over saturated colors.

Follow the link to my Flickr site to get a better look at the 110 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment